Chief Sponsor: Representative Mary Flowers
Lake County Right to Life Urges Support for this Common Sense Legislation.
Insurance Nutritional Support: Amends the Illinois Insurance Code by the following …
- Sets forth legislative findings concerning nutritional support and hydration.
- Provides that an individual or group policy of accident and health insurance or managed care plan must provide coverage for intravenous, enteral or tube-feeding.
- That said policies also provide for prescription drugs and medically appropriate prescription nutritional supplements, issued by a physician’s order, when the patient’s conditions prevents their ability to take sufficient oral nourishment to sustain life.
- Amends the State Employee Group Insurance Act of 1971, Counties Code, Illinis Municipal code, School code, Health Maintenance Organization Act. And Voluntary Health Services Plans Act to make conforming changes.
- Amends the State Mandates Act to require implementation without reimbursement by the State.